Are you a sick patient residing in texas? Or are you searching for dental schools in Texas that take patients? Or do you want to visit Texas for quality dental care or hands-on experience learning?
Then you don’t have to worry because there are dental schools in Texas that take patients even at an affordable rate, cheaper than private dental care sectors.
I know you might be wondering if these dental schools take international patients or just patients from their localities. The truth is that these dental schools in Texas that take patients are available to patients from around the world, whether a U.S citizen or not it doesn’t matter when administering treatments.
Dental diseases have become rampant in the world especially among the aged and children due to a lack of awareness in society, good dental schools, and professional treatment.
So after much research, I came up with the best dental schools in texas that take patients, where you can take your wards for professional treatments.
Texas is home to studies where many educational activities are been carried out to develop the world and protect lives through quality medical treatments.
There are 3 dental schools in Texas that take patients, these schools grant their student’s opportunity to practice while studying which is beneficial to both students and patients as they will be getting quality treatments at the lowest cost in such schools.
Let’s quickly talk about these dental schools in texas that take patients but before that, I will like to tell you more about Texas and its educational system.
Texas is the third largest city in Galveston County in the United States with over 60,000 inhabitants. This city is made up of 35 separate and distinct public universities, It has 12 allopathic medical schools, Three osteopathic medical schools, four main dental schools, and two optometry schools.
Texas city is a home of medical research in the United States as the Texas Medical center in Houston is said to be the world’s largest concentration of research and healthcare institutions.
History has it that, Texas has the highest record of successful heart transplants in the world and they are highly regarded in the world for cancer treatment, research, education, and prevention.
Dental Schools in Texas that Take Patients
Yes, there are many assisting dental schools in Texas but in this article, I will talk about only the recognized dental schools in texas that take patients, These schools are no doubt the best dental schools that can be found in Texas city.
Texas A&M college of dentistry
This is the school of dentistry at Texas A&M University established in 1905 as a three-year private dental school accredited by CODA. Unarguably Texas A&M university is one of the best universities in Texas.
At Texas A&M school of dentistry, students are grounded in professional studies, research, and community service activities. They get exposed to every aspect of learning which helps them to be oral health professionals and scientists by solving dental health problems in society.
This school of dentistry is mainly focused on biomedical and clinical research to improve lives and the students provide quality and affordable health care services to patients in the campus clinics and beyond.
It is a school of dentistry bent on providing the world with excellence, professionalism, quality leadership, wellness, and inclusiveness in oral health services in a culture committed to diversity and inclusion.
Texas T&M school of dentistry comprises 12 main departments which include;
- Biomedical Sciences
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Comprehensive Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Sciences
- Graduate Prosthodontics
- Graduate Studies
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health services
There is a provision for continuing education, where dentists learn how to be competent professionals in dental services. They expose dentists to a wild range of lectures, seminars, and electronics distance learning on the current topics of their interest.
Also note, there is a provision for dental auxiliaries and they receive their lectures from the school faculty and other respected professionals.
This school offers four-degree programs which include; a B.S in Dental Hygiene, a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S), Masters in Oral Biology, Ph.D. in Oral Biology.
Scholarships available at Texas A&M School of Dentistry
- The W.R Hammond Trust Foundation Scholarship.
- Texas Dental Association (TDA) Smiles Foundation Scholarship
- Nancy Dickey Endowed Scholarship.
- Drs. Don and Cindy Le Scholarship.
- Ruth Riley Swords, D.D.S. Endowed Scholarship,
- Kerney-Laday Scholarship.
- Hispanic Dental Association Scholarship.
- Emily A. and Robert Walker Scholarship.
- Dr. Claude R. Williams Scholarship
- The Dental Trade Alliance Foundation Dental Student Scholarship.
- Class of ’47 Scholarship.
- Bush Jones/Sprenger Scholarship.
- Betty Scott Scholarship.
- Ausmus Laursen Dental Hygiene Scholarship.
- Alliance of the Texas Dental Association Memorial Scholarship.
- American Dental Partners Foundation/Carus Dental Scholarship.
- ADHA Foundation Institute for Oral Health Dental Hygiene Scholarship.
- ADEA/GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Preventive Dentistry Scholarships.
- ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarship for Dental Hygiene Students Pursuing Academic Careers.
- ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarship for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers.
Patient referral Contacts at Texas A&M school of dentistry
- Endodontics: Lisa Compain, Clinic Coordinator, call @ 214-828-8336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orofacial Pains: Janet Vielma @ email@example.com or call 214-828-8432.
- Oral surgery: Fax referral to 214-828-8382 or call 214-828-8228
- General Dentistry: Jennifer Horn @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Periodontics: Vannesa Soto @ email@example.com.
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry: Monica Budde @ 214-828-8137.
Texas A&M school of dentistry tuition fee
- Year 1 – $37,754
- Year 2 – $37,840
- Year 3 – $36,842
- Year 4 – $33,857
- Year 1 – $48, 554
- Year 2 – $48,640
- Year 3 – $47,642
- Year 4 – $44,657
UT Health San Antonio school of dentistry
This is another recognized dental school in Texas that take patients, this school offers 17 degrees/ programs and is known for its outstanding medical health care and the mission of raising the future generation of health care professionals that will take over oral health care to improve lives.
UT Health comprises five departments; the Department of comprehensive dentistry, the Department of developmental dentistry, the Department of Endodontics, the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and, the Department of periodontics.
Just like Texas A&M school of dentistry, UT health school of dentistry is also accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the U.S Department of Education.
All the dental labs in the school are equipped with modernized automated devices to improve the quality of their oral health care services, and they are the leading dental school in South Texas that attends to over 1 million patients annually.
A 20.8 average DAT score and 3.65 average GPA are required from incoming Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) students.
There are so many scholarship opportunities, grants, and student loans available for dental students and dental hygiene students at UTHealth school of dentistry.
Scholarships for dental students at UTHealth San Antonio School of Dentistry
- Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students (SDS) – HRSA
- AMERICAN JOURNAL OF DENTISTRY SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- CARUS DENTAL SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- C. A. MCMURRAY ENDOWMENT
- CINDE D. JOHNSTON, D.D.S. ENDOWED MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- DAVID C. PRICE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- DENTAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- DENTAL SCHOOL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- DR. JOHN A. AUSTIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- DR. JOHN R. PALMER, JR. ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- GREG TREIBS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- JOHN CORNYN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- MARTHA WOOD SCHOLARSHIP
- MARTHA WOOD/DENTAL SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- MOLLIE BLAKE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- ROBERT A. DALE, DDS ENDOWED MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- MOLLIE BLAKE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
- ROBERT A. DALE, DDS ENDOWED MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- SHANE EPPERSON ENDOWED MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- STACY WENDELL CLAPP, JR. SCHOLARSHIP
- THE ALLIANCE OF THE TEXAS DENTAL ASSOCIATION ENDOWED MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- UTHSCSA DENTAL SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PERPETUAL HONOR ENDOWMENT
- UTHSCSA DENTAL SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP SUPPORT MATCHING
- ADA FOUNDATION
- DAVID M. BONNER ENDOWMENT
- DR. JOHN LITTLEFIELD ENDOWMENT
Scholarships for dental hygiene students at UTHealth
- CHILDREN OF FALLEN HEROES SCHOLARSHIP ACT
- FRANCES P. PLUNKETT SCHOLARSHIP FUND
- CANSECO FOUNDATION PRESIDENT’S ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP IN ORAL HEALTH
- Taline Dadian Infante, EdD, RDH Endowed Memorial Scholarship
How to apply, tips for scholarship essay writing, tips for scholarship thank you letters for dental students and dental hygiene students at UTHealth school of dentistry
- Candidate must apply for admission into SOD and be accepted into a program of study.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student (FAFSA)
- Must access the online UTHSCSA Scholarship Application link through the school portal
Tips for essay writing
- Understand the prompt and stay on topic.
- Do not answer a scholarship question with N/A.
- Make sure to elaborate.
Tips for thank you letters
- Must personalize your thank you letter.
- Have to be sincere.
- A good presentation is required.
UTHealth San Antonio school of dentistry Tuition fee
Texas resident: $24,150, Nonresident: $34,950.
UTHealth Huston school of dentistry
This was the first dental school established in Texas, It is part of the University of Texas Health Science center at Houston (UTHealth Huston) and the school offers 11 fully accredited programs.
The programs include; DDS, two primary care residency programs, and an advanced education program in endodontics, dental hygiene, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral and maxillofacial pathology, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry and prosthodontics, dual degree programs, and a joint certificate programs.
The dual degree programs are offered in partnership with the UTHealth School of Public Health and McGovern Medical School while the joint certificate programs are in partnership with the MD Anderson cancer center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
This dental school has won numerous awards for its quality education and research and they have three well-equipped research centers which help promote, support, and nurture the interest of student researchers during their time at school.
These research centers emphasize craniofacial like oral cancer, the pathogenesis of oral diseases, biomaterials, tissue regeneration, mucosal immunity, and normal/abnormal development.
If you are wondering if this is a part of the dental schools in Texas that take patients, then the answer is YES!! they do take care of patients in a professional way and the good thing is that their treatment fee is affordable and their services reliable.
Scholarships available at UTHealth Huston School of Dentistry
- Alliance of the Texas Dental Association Endowed Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Bob and Foster Scholarship.
- Carus Dental -Dental Hygiene Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Carus Dental Scholarship Fund.
- Daniel C. Kamas, DDS Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Delta Dental Scholarship for Dental and Dental Hygiene Students.
- Dr. and Mrs. Tan Vu Scholarship Fund.
- Dr. and Mrs. Anthoney Charles Garza Scholarship Endowment.
- Dr. Donald Charles Kroeger Student Research Scholarship.
- Dr. Heyl G. Tebo Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Dr. Edgar H. Boelsche Scholarship.
- Dr. James H. Wuensche Scholarship.
- Dr. Kenneth H. Porter Operative Dentistry Scholarship Fund.
- Erbert William Danny D’Anton, DDS Memorial Scholarship Endowment.
- Frederick C. Elliot/Severin Knutson/Rupert Estel Hall Dental Student Scholarship Fund.
- Gary S. Leff, DDS, MPH Scholarship Fund for the DDS/MPH Program.
- Glenn T. Housholder Scholarship Fund.
- Houston Asian American Dental Society Scholarship.
- John D. Lee, DDS Scholarship.
- Kamila M. Husain, DDS and Nomaan K. Husain, JD Scholarship.
- Kinnari M. Prajapati, DDS Scholarship Fund.
- Lawrence Warren Macher, Jr. DDS Memorial Scholarship.
- Max Olivo Hutchins, Ph.D. Memorial Scholarship.
- Nhan Hien Scholarship Endowment.
- President James T. Willerson/Nancy Beamer Willerson Endowed Scholarship in the School of Dentistry.
- Ramirez -Rathmell South Texas General Dentistry Scholarship.
- Raul G. Caffesse, DDS, MS Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Raymond Kenneth Morrow, DDS, and Yen Hoang Morrow Scholarship.
- Robert O. (Rod) Dosch Scholarship Endowment.
- Ronald V. Glauser, DDS Endowed Scholarship.
- Schwinn Family Endowment.
- Shirah May Hall Memorial Scholarship in Dental Hygiene.
- T. Bradford Willis, DDS, MSD Scholarship in Pediatric Dentistry.
- The Corina Diaz & Walter Bajsel Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- The Greater Houston Dental Hygienists Association Ushma Ramaiya Memorial Scholarship.
- Thomas L. Willis, DDS, and T. Bradford Willis, DDS, MSD Scholarship in Pediatric Dentistry.
- Thuc La, DDS Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Triolo Leadership in Dentistry Scholarship.
- UT-Houston SD Faculty Scholarship.
- Women of Rotary Club of Houston University of Texas Dental Branch Student Scholarship and Assitance Fund.
- William Sam Leifeste, DDS Memorial Scholarship.
UTHealth Huston school of dentistry Tuition fee
Non residents: $54, 534, Residents: $34, 527, click here.
The school that completes the dental schools in Texas that take patients is Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Dental Medicine but data on this school is currently not available for some unknown reasons.
Also, note, that there are many dental assisting schools in texas that may or may not be a part of the dental schools in Texas that take patients.
If you think there is a piece of information missing out about the dental schools in Texas that takes patients please do well to leave a comment in the comment section.